Friday, February 5, 2010

Life rechecking time..


Had a good catch up wz Z this afternoon right after my amazing race jakarta, its tiring but our time together was really well spent! Bitching abt present working life and missing the old working life. Somehow, u do really miss those fun days in the old days. Fun colleagues, hectic shift hours, funny n crazy hotel guests etc...

After our 1st meal of the day at 5pm, it took sometimes for us to decide what to watch in GV Vivo. Those movie is currently showing din really interest the both of us. My ex-the thai horror, not Z's cup of tea. Universal Soldiers-too voilent for me. Its either the movie i had already watched or he had Or the late late midnight show. In the end, we decided to watch "The boys are back" Basically the story is abt a widower (Clive Owen) struggling to raise his two sons alone. The story is simple and yet light and easy esp for the two of us*the himbo who couldn take the "brainy" movie for that point of time. :)

Especially the part where his wife was diagnose and died with bowel cancer at his happiest moment in life, tat struck me. OK?! It makes me rethink abt my life, my family and friends around me. Is life really tat short that we have to treasure every moments with the loved ones? Some said God can give u everything one day and take away everything tmr? Tat's scary! I would think that the point is not abt God, its about a person's attitude towards his life and ppl around him/her.

I always heard ppl saying a person should live life to the fullest one day at a time like there's no tmr, tat he treasures everything around him and making everything he does meaningful. I totally agree with that BUT sometimes i guess ppl which incld me sometimes take things for granted. Just live the day with no goal, no meaning, no nothing...juz laze around and rot...And on the other side of the world, we are aware tat there are ppl who are worrying and suffering where to get food for today n tmr. some ppl has to escape from the flying bullets or bombs without home. Ppl who lives in fear everyday, ppl who are sick and are striving so hard to live for juz one more day. Sometimes I juz feel for them. By looking at myself in the mirror and reminding myself that let's do something meaningful today....

Back to the reality, the 1st thing came into my mind is my family in TW. My aging parents and my fast growing niece and nephew. Gosh...this movie had really given me a second thought abt my life!!!!-yes i know parents are naggy, kids are noisy, siblings are complaining, relatives are nosey..no matter wat; I have decided to spend more quality times wz them even though they are so far away! cos i think they are really worth it!

Initially was fed up wz the roster that put me standby on the 1st day of CNY and decided not to go back cos it takes time $ n efforts to change the bloody flt. But again..how many more yrs u will spend CNY wz ur parents at their late 50s? I think arent all the efforts and crazy amt of top up for off days are juz worth to see them welcoming you back and having a good home cooked food together, chatting...laughing..

OK....time to change flt....no matter how much it costs...and how troublesome they are...Let's do it Shawn!

3 comments:

  1. u can do it shawny boy!
    xxx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx evey...i will...God bless me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey wat u say is so true :) ......life is too short and when ur enjoying urself time goes by even faster hmmmm .....so all of us need to LOVE PPL and USE THINGS not the other way around hahaha ....cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete